OUR MISSION AND PURPOSE
It is to increase the comfort, freedom, and independence of those we serve. Satisfied customers are our highest priority and as such, we will conduct our business with integrity and the highest of ethics. Responding to our customer’s needs, we will continue to provide products of the highest quality and keep up with the rapid changes in technology. Our customer focus will guide our daily activities and distinguish us from other home medical equipment providers.
Copper Star Home Medical Supplies provides 24 hour/7 days per week ON-CALL services for our respiratory clients. If you have an emergency that cannot wait until normal business hours, an answering service answers the company’s phone after normal business hours. Please call 602-900-5246. Only equipment requiring emergency maintenance or replacement (i.e., oxygen) will be serviced after hours. Should a life-threatening situation arise, it is suggested that the customer or caregiver dial “911” for professional emergency services.
Any customer who feels his/her rights have been denied, who desires further clarification of rights, or who desires to lodge a complaint or express contentment with any aspect of service or equipment, including concerns about patient safety and the risk of falls, should contact us through our main telephone number, without fear of reprisal by the company or by any of its employees. If the issue cannot be resolved via a telephone call with a customer service representative, the matter will automatically be forwarded to the appropriate corporate manager. Customers who feel they have been exploited or taken advantage of have the right to file a complaint with the Arizona Division of Aging and Adult Services at 1789 W Jefferson St #950A, Phoenix, AZ 85007 or by phone at 602-542-4446. You may also contact the ACHC to report concerns about patient safety and quality of care at 855-937-2242.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO:
- Be given timely, appropriate, and quality professional home care services without
- Be provided with proper products and services as ordered by a qualified health care
- Receive products in proper operating condition according to the manufacturer’s
- Receive fair
- Request a detailed explanation of your bill for products and
- Be communicated with in a way that you can reasonably
- Refuse equipment and services, accepting full responsibility for that
- Choose your provider of home care
- Be assured of confidentiality, to review your records, and to approve or refuse the release of
- Have competent and qualified people carry out the services for which they are
- Voice your grievances and recommend changes without fear of
- Report concerns about patient safety without fear of
- Be given reasonable notice of discontinuation of
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY:
- Dial “911” whenever a life-threatening medical emergency arises.
- Provide complete and accurate information regarding your medical history and billing
- Comply with your physician’s orders and plan of
- Use and care for the equipment provided and not allow use by anyone other than the authorized
- Contact us about any equipment malfunction or defect and allow our staff to correct the
- Advise us of any changes in your status, including address, medical condition, and billing
- Assume payment responsibility for services not covered by your insurance carrier, except when not allowed by
- Maintain a safe home environment for the proper utilization of
- To report to us any concerns about patient safety or occurrences of patient
- Pay for the replacement costs of any equipment damaged, destroyed, or lost due to misuse, abuse, or
MEDICARE SUPPLIER STANDARDS
Copper Star Home Medical Supplies, as a Medicare Provider, abides by and complies with all Supplier Standards as set forth by CMS (The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services). The supplier standards are available for every customer to view at www.copperstarmedical.com.